Making decisions especially regarding what kind of treatment to choose from can be a very hard task especially to those who are new with the idea of cosmetic surgery. There are a hundred if not thousands of treatments and procedures available for all kinds of cosmetic dilemmas and making the right choices are the most crucial part of this process. For most people who need to get a detailed understanding of Botox treatment and fillers, it is most advised to choose the right surgeon to treat you. But here are just some of the basic information that one should know about such cosmetic treatments.
- Botox is a neuro-muscular toxin, and it is widely recognized brand name for various cosmetic treatments.
- There are other variations that have FDA approval which includes Dysport and Xeomin.
- This inject-able medicine is used to treat facial lines, crow’s feet and other fine lines that could be found and be very much visible in the facial region.
- Botox injection is initially used to artistically alter facial expressions. In doing so, this treatment does not only erase the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles it also makes-the ability to show emotions on the face possible.
- Surgeons usually apply topical anesthetics first before going into inject-able treatments to make sure patients are comfortable and pain free during the procedure.
- Surgeons use special micro-injection needles that produce no pain or bruising upon insertion and provide accurate and precise amount of delivered solution.
- Results are consistently natural and limited side effects usually happen.
- Botox injections are temporary and patients are required to get repetitive sessions every six months to maintain the said results.
- Fillers non-surgical procedure used to plump up or fill the shallow contours of the face, plump up thin lips, soften facial creases and wrinkles around the nose and mouth.
- Fillers can also help improve the appearance of scars and rejuvenate the aging looks of the hands.
- There different kinds of fillers available in the market and these include the Juvéderm Ultra, Juvéderm Ultra Plus, Perlane, Radiesse, Restylane and Sculptra.
- A simple reminder that these dermal fillers mentioned does not act the same way as Botox injections for these do not act as wrinkle relaxers.
- Juvéderm Ultra uses Hyaluronic Acid and is good for fine lines and not so deep wrinkles found on the face. It is also good for adding volume to facial tissues. When injected, the hyaluronic acid acts like a sponge and absorbs water which as a result plumps up the area in which it was injected.
- Perlane is used to add volume to flattened areas, plump up lips and to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep folds. Perlane, according to past users are4 said to last longer than Restylane.
- Radiesseis made up of calcium hydroxylapatite in the form of microspheres. It is used for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Though, it cannot be used to plump up the lips, it is best used to add plumpness to the cheeks.
- Restylane results can last up to 18 months which includes a repetitive session every six months.
- Restylane and Perlane are made by the same manufacturer.
- Sculptra is made of Poly-L-Lactic Acid. It is used to building up the cheeks, filling in hollows or sunken areas of the face, and increasing skin thickness which decreases the appearance of folds and lines.
- Juvéderm, Perlane, and Resytlane are less expensive than Radiesse and Sculptra treatments.