Botox – The Next Best Thing to a Facelift?February 28, 2015
Botox treatment for Chronic Neck and Back PainMarch 14, 2015
Aging has been one of the many dilemmas of men and women for a hundred of decades now. The search for cure and answers has been forever. But the actual facts is, aging cannot be treated nor stopped for it is a part of every person’s life. The fountain of youth is a mere imagination of people who are scared of getting old and scruffy. Aging can be delayed though; this is why there are skin treatments and cosmetic procedures available all over the world. Deep forehead wrinkles, expression lines, crow’s feet and heavy eye bags are the first signs of aging. This can happen as early as individual’s in their twenties or lucky for those who got the good genes and they get it later in time.
Candidates for Botox and Fillers
- Anyone is a good candidate for Botox injections and fillers.
- Anyone wants reverse the signs of aging by diminishing their frown lines, forehead creases and other facial lines are the best candidates for this treatment.
- Botox Injections can also be used to relieve migraine headaches, excessive sweating and muscle spasms in the neck and eyes area. So for individuals who have this type of problems, this too might be the best option of treatment for you.
- Botox injections and fillers are not good for pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- Individuals who are prone to infection on or near injection sites are most probably not the best candidates for this treatment.
- Individuals who are prone to allergic reactions to formula ingredients such Botulinium is not advised to get this treatment.
- Individuals with neurological disorders such as ALS, Myasthenia Gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome are increased risk of serious side effects of Botox Injections and fillers.
- Patients who would like to delay their planned facial surgery such as face lift and eyebrow lift are advised to get Botox injections and fillers first before going to the serious options of cosmetic surgery.
Botox injection is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure most common among people who are scared of going under the knife. It is mostly the go to solution for anti-aging and testing the waters of cosmetic surgery. Individuals who have never tried any type of cosmetic and plastic surgery, or are so called virgins from this side of the medical arena are always having second thoughts of letting surgeons touch their face. So, Botox injection has been the first test drive treatment for most who would like to test the effect of cosmetic surgery.
- Botox injections temporarily weaken the muscles that cause wrinkles. When the muscles are weakened, the skin is smoothed and the wrinkles disappear.
- Botulinium is a solution used to inject during the Botox treatment and it is helpful in eliminating frown lines between the eyes, forehead lines and crow’s feet wrinkles on the side of the eyes.
- Injectable treatments are relatively painless and require little to no recovery time
- Common side effects for Botox injections are temporary redness, bruising or headaches in rare cases. Headaches should subside between one and two days.
- Fillers are not only used as wrinkle diminisher only, this too can also be used as volumiser, plumper and for lifting cheeks.
- Other uses include filling out thin lips, and plumping sagging hands.
- This treatment is fast and easy, but precautions include risk of allergic reactions to fillers, formation of bumps under the skin and a bluish discoloration to the skin.